12.04.2015

The Autumn Detox

I've been on a bit of a mind and body cleanse over the last part of November. I think most of it is just trying to get organised for the madness of Christmas, which is literally around the corner. I have been doing a few things to just help me ease into all the madness a little easier. 

Starting with the mind, I always feels like my mind is racing whether is with blog idea, christmas idea, anything, you name it I'm properly thinking it. To help with this I've been trying to write as much of this down as I possibly can, so notebooks have been a massive part of my life. I used to just have one or a few for everything, however I found that this just wasn't working for me so now I have blog note book, a work one and also one for personal life as well. This has really helped me declutter all those random thoughts. 


Photo from Pinterest.

Another thing I've been doing to really help to just chill, is taking some time of out for myself. I literally mean turning all electrical items off and do something that doesn't involve looking at a screen. For me I've been either reading or using the adult colouring books, I find that both of these really to help you to shut off even if it is just for 5-15 minutes. 

Moving more onto body, upping my water intake has been a must for me. I barely touch liquids throughout the day ( I know its bad) and I really do suffer. To help with this I will now carry around the little 1lr bottles in my bag. Once I get through it I will re-fill and try and drink another, honestly I properly get through 1lr and a half a day and this is very much a work on progress! 

Something very different for me to have tried are these detox tea. You see them posted everywhere from social media, to adverts, they just seem to be everywhere. I have always been very curious to know a few things: do they actually work? how will they affect me? can i lose the bloated feeling? A few weeks ago I took the plunge and got myself some of the Bootea 14 days detox tea. A little run down of this brand, you get a day time tea and a night time tea which you drink very other day. The night time tea is a laxative, so its basically designed to help flush out toxins. I got on pretty well with it, I did get the few stomach aches but that was mostly because I needed to go to the bathroom. After finishing the 14 days, I do feel less bloated and have lost about half a stone but it didn't give me more energy and my skin also didn't clear up. I would 100% recommend it and would use it again. 

I've really found the few things in this post really helpful in allowing me to just chill and relax. 

Do you have anything you like to do? 

Much love

Alice
xx      




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by aleelilydesigns