11.11.2015

Perfect Home Manicure


One of my favourite things to do is get a manicure. There is just something about getting your nails done can just perk you up if your having a bad day or just fancy some TLC. We hold a lot of stress in our hands and are normally one thing we don't think about. 

Today I thought I would share with you, how i take some time out and do the perfect home manicure using some of my favourite nails products!! 

To start i will remove any traces of nail polish that may still be on my nails from the last manicure. I will then just file and shape my nails on both hands.

 Once they are all nice shaped i will apply some cuticle oil and cuticle softer to one hand at a time. When these products are on one hand i will just place the tips of my fingers into warm water and again this will help the products to soften any tough cuticles. Take this hand out after a couple of minutes, dry and repeat with the other. These products will help soften the cuticles allowing you to be able to push them back without scratching the nail plate. 

When both hands are out and dry, I will start to push back my cuticles. To do this I will use a metal hoof stick and nippers ( you can find both in boots, superdrug) Using circle movements, circle the metal hoof stick pushing back any excess cuticle that may be sitting on the nail plate. Do be careful not to be push too hard. Again repeat on other nail, when they are all pushed back, you can nip off any white cuticle that you can see sticking up. This is dead skin so if there is none please don't nip! 

With the prep all done, I like to spend longer on the prep, you can go ahead with painting. 

I will always start with a base coat. The one I'm loving is the OPI Start to Finish this product is a nail strengther, base and top coat so perfect for travelling with or if you just don't want to spend the money on 3 different products. I will start with Start to Finish, I do two coats on each nail on all 10 fingers. Once all 10 have been done I will go ahead with the colour, I have been lovely the more natural colours for autumn on the fingers. Again i will do two coats on all 10 fingers. If you feel like you will need a third coat then do, just make sure you are doing 3 thin coats rather then 2 think coats as it will just help last a longer and reduce chipping. To finish apply a top coat, this will help seal everything in and also give a gorgeous gloss. 

Once i am happy with the paint I will always just apply some quick dry drop, all these do is just steal the top coat making them touch dry in minutes, however they will be fully dry in 1-3 hours depending on what nails brand you will using. I would also just avoid doing anything for about a hour. 

Much Love 

Alice 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by aleelilydesigns